Effective October 14, 2021 at 7:00 AM, we have updated both hospitals' Visitation Policy: Non-COVID inpatients are now allowed two nonrotating support person during the day. Read the full policy for details here.
Our commitment to uninsured and lower income patients
Stringfellow Memorial is committed to serving the health care needs of our community. We realize that health care can be very expensive. To help you, Stringfellow Memorial offers discounts for patients with no insurance and/or low incomes.
Stringfellow helps patients without health insurance to apply and to obtain Medicaid coverage, when applicable.
Stringfellow offers financial assistance programs, which may discount a patient’s hospital bill up to 100 percent. The program discounts vary based upon the patient’s family size and income level.
Stringfellow provides a 65 percent discount of hospital bills when patients have no health insurance AND the patient is not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
Stringfellow allows payment plans upon request.
Patients have a right to:
- The availability of free and reduced-charge services
- The ability to gain admittance without pre-admission deposits
- Not be transferred solely or in significant part for economic reasons
- The availability of services provided
- The terms of eligibility for free and reduced services
- The application process for free and reduced charges
- The name of person or office to which complaints or questions about the hospital’s participation in or operation of the program may be directed
Government programs that patients may qualify for include:
- Temporary Assistance for needy Families
- Social Security Disability
- Supplemental Security Income
Stringfellow Memorial will help patients apply for and obtain Medicaid health insurance coverage when patients:
- Have no insurance (self pay) or limited insurance coverage
- Have hospital bills of $1,000 or more
- Have limited monthly income
Stringfellow Memorial Financial Assistance Forms
Click link to download forms
For assistance or if you think you may qualify for financial assistance, please call the Stringfellow Patient Financial Counselor at 256-235-5643. Information you will need when applying for financial assistance can be found in this financial assistance document: Financial Assistance Summary
For information related to Stringfellow Memorials’s Billing and Collections policy, please review the policy here: Billing and Collections Policy for Self-Pay Accounts
Stringfellow Memorial maintains a listing of RMC Health System physicians and providers who do or do not honor Stringfellow Memorial’s Financial Assistance that you may access via this listing: Physician Charity List
We will be glad to assist you with the application process or work with you to establish payment arrangements for any remaining balances you may have after discounts have been applied to your account.