We have updated the ER portion of our Visitation Policy- no visitors will be permitted with ER patients, effective 2pm on November 23rd. Otherwise, passing a COVID screening will allow entry as a visitor to our hospital. View Governor Ivey's Declaration of Rights, as well as Anniston's and Stringfellow's revised visitation policies, in the document below.View Visitation Guidelines and Rights (.pdf)
Our Mission: Providing state of the art healthcare with integrity, to the people we serve.
Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center (RMC) is the premier regional health care provider for a five-county service area in northeast Alabama. With a total of 323 inpatient beds located at its primary campus, 125 at Stringfellow Memorial, and numerous outpatient facilities, urgent care and specialty clinics, RMC is the region’s leading provider of choice for more than 13,500 inpatients, 57,000 outpatients, nearly 1,800 newborn deliveries and 42,000 emergency room visits each year.
We have a long, strong history of serving the local communities, including not only the city of Anniston, but also residents of Oxford, Jacksonville and the expanse of Calhoun County and surrounding areas. More than 2,000 employees, 300 volunteers and over 200 physicians, who represent a full range of medical specialties, including: cardiac, women’s, orthopedics, oncology and emergency services, provide state-of-the-art healthcare to patients with integrity, skill and compassion.
Other important areas of distinction include:
- RMC’S Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer and is an affiliate in the University of Alabama (UAB) Cancer Care Network – based out of Birmingham.
- RMC’s Orthopedics program is recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield® of Alabama as a Blue Distinction Centers+ for Knee and Hip Replacement®
- RMC’s OB/maternity program is the first designated Baby-Friendly birthing facility in the state of Alabama.
As a community-based, not-for-profit health system, RMC provides unwavering commitment by each member of our health care team to deliver the highest-quality medical care with special attention given to the individual needs of each patient. RMC maintains a sharp focus on attracting and recruiting the right people — skilled and compassionate clinical and support staff members who advance our mission and pursue our vision of remaining the region’s premier choice for health care.
With seven urgent care, primary care and specialty medical clinics located in surrounding communities, including Heflin, Piedmont, Jacksonville, Oxford, Roanoke, Anniston and Talladega, we are committed to bring quality health care to you, close to home, making your health care more convenient and accessible.
Trust your care to the experts and expertise at RMC. It’s the Right Care. Right Here.
Providing state of the art healthcare with integrity, to the people we serve.
At RMC, we strive to:
• Remain the region’s premier choice for health care
• Deliver advanced medical care
• Provide multiple choices of medical specialties
• Employ a skilled and compassionate staff of professionals
• Maintain upscale and convenient facilities and services
• Provide programs and services necessary to promote and protect the health of the community
- CEO Message
- History of RMC
- Employee Tools
- Meet the Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Physician Portal
- Community Reports