https://rmccares.org/wp-content/uploads/MEDIA-ALERT-Reinstate-Vistor-Mandate-Policy-vLouis1.pdfClick here for our Visitor Policy (Effective 7/16)
Guest Services for Patients & Visitors
Rest is an important part of a patient’s healing process; however Stringfellow Memorial Hospital realizes that visits from loved ones constitute “good medicine” as well. Visitors are encouraged to visit friends and family members. You may want to check in with the main desk prior to visiting to make sure your visits occur at the most appropriate time. Children under the age of 12 should always be supervised by another adult visitor.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask by calling (256) 235-8900.
Here are general visitor guidelines:
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shoes.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- For the comfort of the patient, our staff strongly recommends only two visitors at a time and children under age 14 should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors should leave the room promptly when treatment is to be given or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Pet visits are not permitted for patients.
- One adult visitor is permitted to remain overnight with those patients occupying private rooms.