Effective Saturday, March 6th at 7am, we have updated both hospitals' Visitation Policy: Non-COVID visitors are now allowed 2 support persons, without ability to rotate (end-of-life visitors are allowed to rotate).Click to View Our Visitation Policy (.pdf)
Guest Services for Patients & Visitors
Rest is an important part of a patient’s healing process; however, Stringfellow Memorial Hospital realizes that visits from loved ones constitute “good medicine” as well. Visitors are encouraged to visit friends and family members while adhering to our most recent Visitation Guidelines. You may want to check in with the main desk prior to visiting to make sure your visits occur at the most appropriate time 7am-7pm, as of 2/15/21.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask by calling (256) 235-8900.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shoes.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short whenever possible.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- For the safety and comfort of our patients, one visitor will be permitted for each patient during their stay, subject to reasonable restrictions.
- Visitors should leave the room promptly when treatment is to be given or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Pet visits are not permitted for patients.
- Visitors at Stringfellow Memorial Hospital may utilize the Main entrance Monday- Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and the Emergency Room entrance from 1:00 p.m. to7:00 p.m. The Emergency Room entrance is available from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. onweekends and holidays