We have updated our Visitation Policy as of December 7th- no visitors will be permitted unless for Maternity (Labor/Delivery) care or end-of-life considerations. This policy becomes effective December 7th.View Visitation Guidelines (.pdf)
No one wants to hear they or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer. During scary and confusing times, it’s comforting to know that RMC’s fully accredited Cancer Program gives you immediate access to the right care, right here close to home. We are here to help you or your loved ones determine the best treatment options and offer the best available resources.
RMC has been serving our area’s cancer patients with excellent care since 1988. RMC is an affiliate with the University of Alabama (UAB) Cancer Community Network. Also, RMC has been accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) since 1991 and is one of only two hospitals in the state to currently hold the CoC’s Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA). This level of care has been made possible through exceptional Oncology Committee leadership, multidisciplinary cancer conferences, exemplary cancer data management and the constant strive to make quality improvements.
At RMC, our comprehensive cancer care program combines clinical expertise and affiliation with the University of Alabama (UAB) cancer treatment program with a personalized, high-touch approach to patient care. From prevention and diagnosis to treatment and support, we offer individualized, patient-centered, compassionate cancer care to patients and their families.
Highlights of our program include:
- RMC Cancer Treatment Center’s team of specialists capable of treating approximately 95% of all cancer cases both as an inpatient or outpatient.
- Most advanced cancer diagnostic technology in the area including CT scanners, MRI, 3-D mammography, Ultrasound, Nuclear Scanners, and PET/CT Scanner.
- Comprehensive outpatient cancer care and chemotherapy
- Multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate best treatment options for patients.
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and latest advances in cancer diagnosis and treatment options
- 24/7 access to cancer-related information, education and support.
- Cancer registry collects data on type and state of cancers and treatment results and offer lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and follow-up care – all right here in Anniston.
- At RMC more than 40% of our clinical nursing team are oncology certified nurses (OCN) while it is only mandatory for accredited programs to staff only 25% OCN’s. This factor contributes to RMC’s cancer program ranking among the elite or ‘top of the top’ of cancer programs in the state of Alabama.
Life doesn’t stop when a patient receives a cancer diagnosis. However, cancer can dramatically change your life. RMC’s Cancer Rehabilitation Program meets the physical challenges facing the cancer patient’s journey. Cancer Rehab begins at diagnosis. Research supports that early involvement with a rehab professional and ongoing monitoring throughout cancer treatment can reduce recovery from months to weeks.
Let our trained rehabilitation specialists (occupational and physical therapists, speech therapists and lymphedema experts) help restore you to your fullest physical function. We are honored to play a role in your journey to full recovery.