Effective Saturday, March 6th at 7am, we have updated both hospitals' Visitation Policy: Non-COVID visitors are now allowed 2 support persons, without ability to rotate (end-of-life visitors are allowed to rotate).Click to View Our Visitation Policy (.pdf)
Cancer Care, Close to Home
When you or your loved one is going through chemo, everything feels overwhelming and complicated. From understanding new medical terms to scheduling regular treatments, life seems a lot harder than it was before—especially if you’re faced with a long drive for every appointment. That’s why RMC is dedicated to providing top-quality cancer care right here where you live. We provide access to highly qualified physicians, both local and from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), so that you never have to compromise care for convenience.
Powerful Cancer Treatment with a Personal Touch
- RMC’s sophisticated cancer care technology delivers precise, customized treatment plans, which means a better chance of recovery for you or your loved one. No matter what your situation looks like, you’ll be supported and encouraged through every step of your journey, from diagnosis to recovery and beyond. At RMC, you’ll never walk alone. We know you’ll probably have a lot of questions, and that’s normal! Information is more important than ever when facing cancer treatment. You want to know what you’re up against, what kind of weapons you have to fight it, and who’s standing alongside you. We provide all the resources you and your family need during this time, plus the support and personal care you deserve. As a patient in our Cancer Care program, you can expect:
- A team of cancer care specialists capable of treating approximately 95% of all cancer cases, both as inpatient or outpatient
- The most advanced cancer diagnostic technology in the area, including CT scanners, MRI, 3-D mammography, Ultrasound, Nuclear Scanners, and PET/CT Scanner
- Comprehensive outpatient cancer care and chemotherapy
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate your best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and the latest advances in cancer diagnosis and treatment options
- 24/7 access to cancer-related information, education, and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on the type and state of cancers and treatment results, and offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and follow-up care
One of the things that makes RMC so special is that more than 40% of our clinical nursing team are oncology certified nurses (OCNs), even though accredited programs are only required to staff 25% OCNs. This factor contributes to RMC’s cancer program ranking among the elite or ‘top of the top’ of cancer programs in the state of Alabama.
Meet Your Cancer Care Team
Our Cancer Care program is led by board-certified Medical Oncologists and board-certified Radiation Oncologists, all of whom are trained and ready to walk with patients just like you through this season of life. Our team includes surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists, as well as an affiliation with UAB, which gives our patients access to UAB doctors right here in Anniston. While no treatment plan looks exactly like another, one thing is always the same at RMC: the care you’ll experience as you work with our physicians and support staff.
We’re With You from Diagnosis through Recovery
No one wants to receive a cancer diagnosis—it’s a club you never asked to join, but here you are. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, we understand, and we’re here to make everything as easy as possible for you. Whether you work with a local physician or one of our UAB affiliates, you’ll be in expert hands from the day of your diagnosis all the way through rehabilitation. After recovery, our occupational and physical therapists, speech therapists, and lymphedema experts will help restore you to your fullest physical function.
Hear a success story from one of our Cancer Survivors.
Reach out to us today and let us walk with you on your road to recovery.