https://rmccares.org/wp-content/uploads/MEDIA-ALERT-Reinstate-Vistor-Mandate-Policy-vLouis1.pdfClick here for our Visitor Policy (Effective 7/16)
Each year, more than 2,000 newborns begin life at the Women’s and Children’s Pavilion at Regional Medical Center (RMC) in Anniston. With a team of specially trained OB nurses, highly qualified, board-certified physicians and the latest in labor, delivery and recovery care, parents can experience a safe, personal and comfortable environment for one of life’s most precious milestones.
At RMC, families have more choices, more natural delivery options and more support throughout their birthing experience. As the first designated Baby-Friendly® hospital in Alabama, our collaborative team of doctors and nurses stands ready to help you realize your birthing plan – from the admissions process to childbirth classes, labor, delivery, postpartum, and lactation support.
We encourage all expectant mothers to pre-register with the hospital in their seventh month of pregnancy. This enables our maternity care team and physicians to have all of your key information already in our system so that if your new baby makes an early arrival, you’ll be all set to fully focus on your health and the birthing experience.
When your baby lets you know it’s time to make your way to the hospital, you’ll want to know that RMC Women’s and Children’s Pavilion is ready for your arrival.
How? By pre-registering for your admission. By making your hospital arrangements in advance, you can have peace-of-mind knowing that everything will be ready for you when you arrive. That’s why we recommend that you take the time to pre-admit by your 7th month of pregnancy and pack your bag (just in case!) at least three weeks before your due date.
If you have hospitalization insurance, we will bill your insurance company for you. If you do not have insurance, we can assist you by referring you to our financial counselor. Our professional staff will be happy to assist you in securing health benefits for yourself and your growing family.
For more information, click here.
Why is RMC Designated Baby-Friendly?
As the first designated baby-friendly hospital in Alabama, physicians and maternity staff at RMC take extra steps to provide the most baby-friendly environment for families. But what does this mean? It means we encourage immediate skin-to-skin contact with mom and her newborn right after birth. Our fully-certified lactation consultants encourage breastfeeding on-demand and assist you with breastfeeding support throughout your stay and the following discharge. And our physicians and clinical teams encourage low-intervention, customized birthing plans that include water labor, family-centered cesareans with clear draping to fully view a cesarean birth and promote V-BAC births when safe for mom and baby.
RMC’s state-of-the-art designed and fully equipped Women’s & Children’s Pavilion feature the following services and accommodations for new moms and babies:
- 10 Comfortable and Private Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR) Birthing Suites
- 20 Private and Spacious Postpartum (After-Delivery) Rooms Ideal for Rooming-in – Allowing Mothers and Infants to Remain Together 24 hours a Day
- Dedicated, Family-Centered C-section Suites
- Level II Special Care Nursery
- Certified Lactation Specialists and Breastfeeding Experts Encourage Nursing on Demand ((256) 235-5632, ext. 1) and breastfeeding supplies for purchase
- Board-certified OB Physicians and Clinical Staff Foster Low-Intervention Birthing Plans, including water labor
- Prenatal Classes, Facility Tours and Lactation Support Classes by Certified Nurse Educators
- Skin-to-skin care after delivery
- Doulas welcomed as desired by patients
- Natural childbirth classes, sibling classes, and breastfeeding classes
- “Security Blanket” 24-hour hotline for new parents at (256) 235-5631
- Safe Kids monthly child safety seat inspections, for more info call (256) 235-5632 ext. 3
- Bereavement program for parents who have lost children due to miscarriage, stillbirth, newborn death, or early childhood death. For information call (256) 235-5632 ext. 2
RMC’s LDR suites are private, spacious and to allow you to labor, deliver and recover in one spacious room. You will then spend the rest of your stay in a private mother/baby postpartum room with your baby. Fathers, and others as the mother desires, are welcome participants in childbirth.
Better Bama Babies Hospital Recognition
As of June 2019, the RMC Women’s and Children’s Pavilion has be accredited by the Alabama Breastfeeding Committee as a Better Bama Babies facility. The purpose of the Better Bama Babies Hospital Recognition program is to improve infant mortality and to increase breastfeeding rates in Alabama by providing hospitals with a seven step plan to meet their breastfeeding goals, provide resources and assistance for them, to provide recognition for successfully completing this process, and to encourage/assist hospitals to complete steps towards achieving Baby Friendly status as local resources allow.
For more information on the Better Bama Babies Hospital Recognition Program, visit their website here.
A Baby-Friendly Hospital
Meet the Team
Delivery/During Your Stay
- View All Services