Effective March 16,2020, RMC and Stringfellow hospitals and medical facilities will temporarily implement the following visitation restrictions to protect patients, staff, visitors, and our community from the potential spread of illness.
• Hospital visitors are limited to two (2) per admitted patient at this time.
• Hospital emergency room visitors should be limited to no more than one (1) per patient
• It is highly recommended that children below the age of 16 not visit at this time, even when accompanied by adults.
• No students or clinical observers will be allowed on campus until further notice.
• Please do not visit if you have flu-like symptoms and/or cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath, runny nose/nasal congestion or sore throat.
• Please do not visit if you have returned from a country the CDC has designated as “high risk” within the last 14 days.
• Visitors are required to sanitize their hands when entering the clinics or hospital and entering or exiting patient rooms. Visitors should continue to wash hands frequently during a prolonged visit.
We have updated the ER portion of our Visitation Policy- no visitors will be permitted with ER patients, effective 2pm on November 23rd. Otherwise, passing a COVID screening will allow entry as a visitor to our hospital. View Governor Ivey's Declaration of Rights, as well as Anniston's and Stringfellow's revised visitation policies, in the document below.View Visitation Guidelines and Rights (.pdf)