Amended Visitation Policy (Except for Emergency Room)Click here for more information
RMC offers the most up-to-date treatments for gynecological disorders, including advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques that use smaller incisions for less discomfort, faster healing, and shorter hospital stays. These include:
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization – a revolutionary way of treating fibroid tumors of the uterus using a catheter in uterine arteries to inject small particles to block the blood flow to the fibroids, leading to shrinkage and relief.
- The da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System – state-of-the-art laparoscopic surgery that can be used for gynecological disorders to reduce scarring, blood loss and discomfort.
Women’s GYN Examinations
When you need a gynecologist in Anniston or Calhoun County, RMC’s Women’s and Children’s Center is here to provide you with comprehensive care. We work with women of all ages, providing a safe and comfortable environment to discuss health issues and effectively support women’s health. From teens to seniors, we are your resource for complete health and wellness care.
Our physicians provide a number of different services, such as annual exams and pap tests to help monitor general health. We also provide birth control consultations and provide health screenings and pregnancy tests. Education is also a significant part of our practice, and we consult women on a number of different health issues so that you are always informed and aware of what’s happening.
We’re proud to work with new mothers and their families and maintain extensive facilities to monitor and support a healthy pregnancy. The prestigious community of professional practitioners and specialists at RMC will help you with your immediate and ongoing needs. Our facilities are prepared to handle anything: when you choose to bring your child into the world with our practice, we have the technology, advanced equipment, and skilled professionals to support the both of you.
Another important aspect to our practice is working with young women. Through education programs, we can best inform young women about their options. Our nurse practitioners also work with adolescent girls, helping them feel more comfortable and confident within their bodies. By establishing a strong sense of self, we can help encourage young women to maintain their health and make smart choices in the future.
RMC GYN specialists recommend that the first gynecologic exam is recommended for women between the ages of 18 and 21, or earlier if a woman becomes sexually active or at the first sign of a possible gynecologic disorder. The exam, which includes a pelvic exam and a Pap smear to test for cervical cancer, is recommended annually to diagnose possible gynecological disorders early.
Pap Smear Screening
Pap smears screen for cervical cancer caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) or other causes. Whether you have had the HPV vaccine or not, RMC recommends following these guidelines for Pap smears:
- Age 21 – Have your first Pap smear
- Ages 21 through 29 – Have a Pap smear every two years
- Ages 30 and older – Women with three normal Pap smears in a row should have a Pap smear every three years.
- Ages 65 through 70 – Women who have had three normal Pap smears in a row can stop having them.
- If you’ve had a hysterectomy for non-cancerous reasons and don’t have a history of abnormal Pap smears, you no longer need to have them.
- If you’ve had a hysterectomy and still have your cervix, continue getting Pap smears.
Comprehensive GYN care
Because women’s gynecologic health needs change with each stage of life, Stringfellow Memorial’s women’s services are designed to provide quality, compassionate care from adolescence through menopause. From annual exams to treatment for gynecological cancer and urinary incontinence, you can count on a full range of services from gynecologists. Stringfellow Memorial’s comprehensive care includes:
- Annual pelvic exams and screenings, including Pap tests
- Fertility treatment options
- Urinary incontinence treatment
- Management of menopause symptoms
- Minimally invasive surgical options, including laparoscopic techniques, to treat uterine fibroids, endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome, among other conditions
Stringfellow Memorial’s women’s services doctors include gynecologists, gynecologic oncologists, urologists and reproductive endocrinologists. Doctors work closely with surgeons, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals to deliver comprehensive care that addresses a full range of GYN health concerns.
Breast Health and Mammography
Gynecology Health & Treatments
Traditional vs. Da Vinci Hysterectomy
Other Uterine Conditions & Treatment
- View All Services