Effective Saturday, March 6th at 7am, we have updated both hospitals' Visitation Policy: Non-COVID visitors are now allowed 2 support persons, without ability to rotate (end-of-life visitors are allowed to rotate).Click to View Our Visitation Policy (.pdf)
Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation
Stringfellow Memorial offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitative care in a supportive, caring environment. We focus on emphasizing ability, rather than disability, and help our patients regain the confidence they need for recovery. We provide intensive rehabilitative care for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Brain injuries and stroke
- Multiple trauma
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Spinal cord injuries and tumors
Wide range of recovery services
Our acute-care rehabilitation facility is staffed by rehabilitation doctors, psychologists, nurses and therapists (physical, occupational and speech/language) who provide expert care. Stringfellow Memorial’s rehabilitation professionals are dedicated to delivering high-quality treatment, including:
- Intensive therapy customized to each patient’s recovery needs.
- Twenty-four-hour supervision by rehabilitation doctors and nurses.
- Immediate access to medical, imaging, laboratory and pharmacy services.
- Dietitians, social workers, case managers and chaplains are available to assist patients
- throughout their recovery.
- Access to continuing care through outpatient therapy programs and home health care services.
Occupational therapy is designed to help patients with temporary or permanent loss of function regain independence and quality of life. Occupational therapists specialize in caring for people with physical, developmental or emotional challenges by helping them improve their ability to perform daily activities, as well as recommend ways for patients to adapt their environment to enhance independence. Therapists assist patients with everything from eating, bathing and dressing to using a computer, getting in and out of the car, or running errands.
Comprehensive occupational therapy
Stringfellow Memorial’s certified occupational therapists provide a full range of services, including:
- Assessment of cognitive and physical abilities
- Goal setting and planning to help patients overcome individual challenges
- Personalized exercises to improve functional ability, strength, range of motion and endurance
- Activities to improve visual perceptual motor skills and sensory motor processing
- Recommendations for task modifications and use of assistive devices to promote greater
- Wheelchair evaluations
- Progress assessments to ensure goals are being met, with adjustments made as necessary to achieve goals
At Stringfellow Memorial, our occupational therapists work closely with patients and family members in developing a care plan to ensure each patient’s unique needs are being met, and that caregivers are well prepared to support patients in their recovery. Therapists also work with community organizations and outreach programs to help coordinate appropriate care plans whenever necessary.
Customized rehabilitation to meet your goal
Physical Therapists provide a wide range of services that address the consequences of injury and disease. Some of the impairments and functional limitations we treat include: Orthopedic Conditions, Joint and Soft-Tissue Injuries, Neurological Conditions, Arthritic Conditions, Burn Care, Wound Care, Cardiopulmonary Conditions, Circulatory Conditions, Workplace Injuries, Pediatric Conditions, Lymphedema, and Peripheral Neuropathy.
Our physical therapists work one-on-one with each patient, paying close attention to an individual’s needs and goals.
Our physical therapists provide:
- General Reconditioning Joint Camp Rehab Services
- Manual and Mechanical Traction
- Manual Therapy Neck and Back Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Preoperative Evaluation and Training
- Management Stroke and Neurological Rehabilitation
- Total Joint Rehabilitation
- Work Injury Management
Our rehabilitation team includes knowledgeable, caring professionals who are dedicated to providing quality care and support, and helping you return to the activities you enjoy as quickly as possible.