https://rmccares.org/wp-content/uploads/MEDIA-ALERT-Reinstate-Vistor-Mandate-Policy-vLouis1.pdfClick here for our Visitor Policy (Effective 7/16)
Multidisciplinary ear, nose and throat care
RMC Health System provides comprehensive care for conditions that affect the ear, nose and throat. Our highly skilled ENT doctors (or otolaryngologists) provide care for everything from earaches and sinus conditions, to addressing issues that involve hearing, balance, taste, and speech and language.
Ear, nose and throat doctors are trained in both medical and surgical treatment, so when surgery is necessary your ENT doctor is able to provide treatment without referring you to another doctor. RMC offers a full range of services to provide care for:
- Hearing and ear conditions – Infections, hearing problems and balance disorders.
- Nasal conditions – Allergies and sinus problems, including the latest treatments for chronic sinusitis.
- Throat and voice conditions – Voice and swallowing-related conditions, and upper digestive tract and esophageal disorders.
- Head and neck conditions – Cancer, infectious disease, thyroid disease and nerve conditions that affect sight, smell, hearing and facial nerves.
- Facial reconstructive and plastic surgery – Aesthetic or reconstructive concerns due to trauma, surgery, congenital malformations and aging.
Ear, nose and throat doctors work with audiologists, neurologists and other specialists to deliver comprehensive care.
Treatment and Care
RMC’s otolaryngologists work with a multidisciplinary team to provide expert care for conditions that affect the head and neck. Doctors utilize various diagnostic technology and surgical procedures including minimally invasive techniques, to treat cancer of the mouth and throat. These procedures result in minimal scarring, and offer less trauma and a quicker recovery than traditional surgery.
Our multidisciplinary team provides expert diagnosis and treatment for a range of conditions, including:
- Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck
- Facial nerve disorders, including Bell’s palsy
- Facial trauma, including reconstructive and plastic surgery
- Mouth sores, tumors or growths
- Obstructions and infections
- Thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary disorders
- Skull base tumors (benign and malignant)
- Salivary gland disease
Specialty ENT care for children
Pediatric ear, nose and throat disorders are among the primary reasons for children’s doctor visits, with ear infections as the leading reason.
At RMC Health System, we recognize the unique issues involved in treating children with ear, nose and throat conditions. Our multidisciplinary pediatric care team includes ENT doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, audiologists and speech-language pathologists (or speech therapists) who are focused on providing quality care while making children feel as comfortable as possible.
We utilize various treatment options and techniques to treat illnesses that commonly affect children, such as tonsillitis, sinusitis and ear infections. Our professionals take the time to explain your child’s condition and the treatment plan to ensure parents are well informed and children receive the care they need. We treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Breathing problems
- Ear infections, hearing loss and balance disorders
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Nasal conditions such as sinusitis, nosebleeds and obstructions
- Sleep-related disorders, including night terrors
- Throat disorders such as adenoid problems, tonsillitis and sore throat, hoarseness, vocal cord conditions,
- and swallowing problems
RMC provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for children, including everything from allergy and auditory testing to the latest minimally invasive treatments.
RMC offers a full range of services to evaluate, diagnose and treat nasal and sinus problems. Our skilled ENT doctors have a broad range of experience to provide care for everything from nasal congestion and smell and taste disorders, to a deviated septum or broken nose — including plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Our doctors often collaborate with specialists in allergy and immunology, neurology and other specialties to deliver comprehensive care through services such as:
- Balloon Sinuplasty™
- Laser sinus treatment
- Radiofrequency ablation for nasal and sinus congestion
- Sinus surgery, including endoscopic surgery
- Sleep medicine services to address snoring, sleep apnea and other disorders
- Turbinate surgery
The latest treatment for sinusitis
For those who suffer from the headaches, congestion, fatigue, and other symptoms of sinusitis, Balloon Sinuplasty offers a safe, minimally invasive option to alleviate symptoms. During the procedure, small, flexible devices areinserted into the nostrils to gently open blocked sinus openings — in many cases without tissue or bone removal. The procedure offers several benefits, including:
- Reduced bleeding – Since often there is no need to remove tissue or bone, there is less bleeding and a reduced need for uncomfortable nasal packing.
- Quicker recovery – While recovery time varies for each individual, many people can return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does not limit other options – Balloon Sinuplasty can be used with other medical therapies or sinus surgery techniques, and does not limit future treatment options for those with progressive disease.
State-of-the-art care for vocal health
Voice or swallowing difficulties can interfere with speaking, eating and drinking, and can greatly affect your ability to function. The symptoms can also be an indication of underlying disease, so ENT doctors consult with specialists in gastroenterology, internal medicine, neurology and other disciplines to provide multidisciplinary care. RMC provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for voice and swallowing disorders, including advanced care for singers, actors and others who rely on their voice for their livelihood.
Ear, nose and throat doctors utilize advanced imaging technology and voice-specific assessments to diagnose problems and develop an effective treatment plan. They also work closely with speech therapists, psychologists and other clinicians to address the behavioral and emotional aspects of these conditions. Our multidisciplinary team provides patient-centered care for disorders such as:
- Chronic cough and throat pain
- Hoarseness, laryngitis, or conditions that affect the vocal folds or cords
- Laryngopharyngeal and gastroesophageal reflux
- Sleep-related disorders, such as chronic snoring and sleep apnea
- Swallowing difficulties (dysphagia)
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Tonsil and adenoid infections
RMC offers a range of treatment options, including the latest surgical techniques, medications and other therapeutic services, including voice and speech therapy delivered by speech pathologists. Speech or voice therapy can help facilitate healing after treatment, and can be used as a primary treatment for correcting some speech-related disorders.