Effective January 10, 2022, we have updated both hospitals' Visitation Policy: Non-COVID Pediatric patients will now be allowed one non-rotating visitor. Read the full policy for details here.
For RMC Visitors
Designated waiting areas for visitors are located on each patient floor and in the lobby on the main floor. Specific waiting areas are designated for family members of patients in the Critical Care Units, the Emergency Department, Surgery, Radiology, Maternity Unit, Pediatrics and the Outpatient Department. During certain hours, a volunteer is available in the Surgery Waiting Room and in the Intensive Care waiting room to assist family members and keep them informed.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the lot directly outside the hospital’s main entrance and in the parking deck. Parking is free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Patients and visitors should not park in reserved areas or other designated areas. Please don’t leave valuables in your car and be sure to lock your doors before leaving your vehicle unattended. If you need assistance reaching the hospital from parking, our golf cart shuttle is available Monday-Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. To reach the shuttle, call the Security Department by dialing ‘0’ for the hospital operator.
Located on the first floor of the hospital, RMC offers a cafeteria and Grill with fresh, well-prepared foods, including daily specials, Pizza, sandwiches, salads and to-go items. Cafeteria and Grill hours are:
Breakfast: 6:30 am to 9:00 am
Lunch: 11:00 am to 1:15 pm
Dinner: 4:30 pm to 6:15 pm
Saturday-Sunday & Holidays
Breakfast: 8:00 am to 9:00 am
Lunch: 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Dinner: 4:30 pm to 6:15 pm
Hours are subject to change.
Outtakes Coffee Shop
For our visitors’ convenience, fresh deli sandwiches, grilled items, beverages, light snacks and are available for take-out or to enjoy in Outtakes near the main lobby.
Monday through Thursday
6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Outtakes Coffee Shop is closed on holidays.
Vending machines for snacks and beverages are located on the 4th Floor waiting area, 4th Floor of Women’s and Children’s Pavilion, and on the second floor.
Quiet Time is Key to a Healing Environment. RMC has instituted a Quiet Time policy daily from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am. During this time, we ask that patients and visitors:
- Speak quietly
- Turn phones and pagers to silent
- Supervise children at all times
- Keep noise levels to a minimum
Lights will be dimmed on units during quiet time every evening to remind visitors and staff that patients are resting.
ICU Visitation Guidelines
Visitors may be limited at the request of or in the best interest of the patient. Please respect these requests.
- The ICU rooms are small and, due to space limitations, cannot permit recliners and sleeping chairs, therefore accommodations for overnight visitors are not available.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the ICU.
- To optimize patient care, visitors are not allowed to linger in the hallways or nurses’ station.
- Visitors may be asked to step out of the ICU at any time.
- Access to the treatment areas is limited to ensure patient safety.
- Cell phones, two-way radios and other electronic devices – even when not in use — are not allowed in the treatment area as they may interfere with monitors and other medical equipment.
- Children 12 years old and younger are not allowed in the treatment areas unless they are patients.
- Visitors are not allowed to eat or drink in the treatment area. Visitors may use the snack bar outside the lobby or the cafeteria on the first floor of the hospital.
- Food and drink may interfere with lab tests and x-rays. Please ask your nurse before you eat or drink.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited within RMC owned and leased buildings. In accordance with the requirements as set forth by the Joint Commission all facilities of RMC are smoke-free.
- Each patient is allowed only two visitors while in the treatment area.
- We provide a family room for family members and visitors of critically ill emergency patients.
- A private area is available upon request to speak confidentially with a doctor or nurse.
The Gift Shop has gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, balloons, snacks, toiletries, plants and flowers. For more information, call 256-235-5378.
9:00 am until 4:00 pm
9:00 am until 12:00 pm
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
A telecommunications device is available to help hearing impaired patients or for patients who want to communicate with a hearing impaired relative or friend. Arrangements can be made for a person who uses sign language to help a hearing impaired or deaf patient. Special call buttons and closed-captioned TV are also available. Check with your nurse for more information.
The RMC Chapel is located on the third floor, off the main hospital lobby. Visitors of all faiths are welcome to visit at anytime for prayer and meditation.