Amended Visitation Policy (Except for Emergency Room)Click here for our Visitor Policy (Updated 6/11: Maternity & End-of-Life)
Registration enables our staff to learn more about you before any type of treatment is administered. You may register on the day of your visit or pre-register below. Registration for hospital admission takes place in our hospital Admissions departments.
It is the policy of Regional Medical Center (RMC) to admit and treat all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religious creed, veteran status, handicap or age. Hospital facilities are available to all patients and visitors. Admission requirements and facility assignments are the same for all persons. Patient room assignments are made based on your medical diagnosis or your physician’s preference.
Admissions departments are located off the main lobby of our hospitals. Many other departments and facilities (such as emergency departments, outpatient centers including the Tyler Center, etc.) also handle registration for services rendered in those areas.
Your Hospital Stay: What to Bring
For your hospital stay, there are items you will need to bring, and there are items we suggest you leave at home. To ensure complete and accurate billing, please provide proper patient identification and current insurance information at each registration.
- Photo ID
- Your insurance, Medicare or Medicaid card
- Your social security number
- List of medications you are currently taking or bring medication in original pharmacy containers
- Legal papers, including your living will, power of attorney, and for minors, proof of custody
- Information cards for stents, pacemakers or defibrillators
- Sleep apnea equipment and supplies, if you require a c-pap device
- Sleepwear, robe and slippers
- Personal toiletries, such as shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush
- Glasses, contact lenses, dentures, hearing aid or other assistive devices, along with cases and supplies
- Comfortable clothing to wear home upon discharge
- Cash for small purchases such as magazines or snacks
Due to the busy and public nature of hospitals, it can be difficult to keep track of personal items. RMC cannot be responsible for your personal items and asks that you not bring these items:
- Jewelry or other valuables
- Extra money or extra credit cards
- Hair dryer, electric shaver or other electrical appliances
- Patients are asked not to bring items of value to the hospital. If you do bring a valuable item, it should be given to a trusted family member.
- Vending machines and change machines for snacks and beverages are located off the main lobby, ICU waiting area and on the second floor.
- Wheelchairs are available on all nursing units. Please ask for assistance from a member of the staff.