Covid Testing will be performed at the Oxford Mediplex on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8am and 3pm. Please call 256-235-5600 to make an appointment.
As of 7/9/20, we have had 376 cumulative cases throughout Calhoun County, including 170 new cases in the past 14 days, and are treating 14 positive inpatient case in our hospital.
If you have any questions about our latest visitation policy, you can view our Amended Visitation Guidelines from June 11th.
What to Expect From Us to Keep You Safe
- COVID-19 Patients will not be allowed to have any caregivers present at bedside.
- NON-COVID patients are able to have one competent caregiver (16 or older).
- Surgical/Procedural Patients are also able to have 1 caregiver to assist with entry into hospital and registration. In RMC Anniston, they will then be able to utilize waiting rooms as long as space allows for proper social distancing protocols. Stringfellow Memorial visitors are required to stay in the patient rooms.
- End-of-Life Patients will be allowed 2 caregivers at bedside.
- Maternity Care Patients will be allowed 2 caregiver/support persons to accompany them throughout their stay.
- No caregivers will be permitted into Emergency Dept unless deemed necessary for patient care or end-of-life considerations.
- RMC Behavioral Health Inpatients will be allowed no caregivers at this time. Telephone visitation is available with the approval of the clinical team.
- For more information on any of these bullet points, please read the Amended Visitation Policy from June 11th.
- Our Environmental Services team follows CDC Guidelines, and we have partnered with Clorox to utilize their Healthcare Disinfection Toolkit.
- First, we utilize the Clorox Total 360 Electrostatic Sprayer for ceiling-to-floor cleaning at time of discharge.
- We then wait 2 minutes, then follow-up with the use of Clorox bleach spray and germicidal wipes for outside vents, door knobs, etc. all the way down to power cords.
- Finally we use UV lights to sanitize our HVAC systems.
- We have also added more negative-pressure rooms.
- Patients are being stopped at the ER entrance and checked for fever, flu-like illness, and recent travel.
- Individuals that need to be further assessed for possible COVID related illness are sent to a separate secured entrance to the ER.
- This allows us to triage them in a more private and secure area with proper PPE.
- They will then be sent to the next appropriate destination dependent upon their triage assessment.
We originally set up a Monday-Friday off-site specimen collection site as a resource for our community physicians.
Our offsite “tent” testing is beginning to transition into our long-term plan for community testing. Starting the second week of June, the tent will only be open on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-4pm through June 25th.
If you would like info on obtaining a physician order, please call our hotline at 256-235-5600.
Messages from Our Staff
Stay Informed Using These Reliable News Links
- 6/10/20: RMC has been working with officials in several communities to provide temporary pop-up testing sites in Hobson City, Roanoke, Constantine, County Ag Center, and Glen Addie Apartment Homes, and Oxford Civic Center, in addition to the testing site set up by the Medical Arts Building.
- 6/3/20:Free COVID-19 testing planned for Piedmont as local cases resume rise
- 5/11/20: COVID-19 testing coming to county ag center– The temporary drive-in site will be located at the Calhoun County Agricultural Center on Thursday.
- 5/08/20: FDA-approved Facility Set to Decontaminate N-95 Masks in Alabama– Healthcare providers now have a free service that will decontaminate previously worn N95 respirator face masks so the masks can be safely reused.
View Past Coronavirus News Links
- 4/28/20: Safely Home– RMC discharges COVID-19 patient after 15 days on ventilator
- 4/22/20: 85 cases in Calhoun County– Nearly 5,600 in Alabama positive for Coronavirus, 197 have died and nearly 700 are being hospitalized
- 4/22/20: RMC working to expand COVID testing locations– Glen Addie Homes apartments it the public housing complex and the site where RMC Hospital and the City of Anniston is hosting a drive thru and walk up COVID-19 testing location.
- 4/13/20: Stay at Home Order May be Bending the Curve, Officials Say– At least eight people had been hospitalized in Anniston with the coronavirus by Tuesday, three of them now on ventilators. Another 18 were hospitalized under investigation as possible COVID-19 patients- those showing some coronavirus symptoms who haven’t tested positive.
- 4/10/20: Honda Donates 200 Face Shields for RMC– Honda manufactured and donated 200 face shields for our hospital workers.
- 3/23/20: Live AL Data on COVID Cases, by County– Confirmed Cases, Reported Deaths, and Died From Illness are reported in real time. Total tested and testing sites are updated once a day.
- 3/19/20: Press Release Concerning Temporary No Visitor Policy
- Accessing Your Medical Records During COVID-19 Season– RMC Health Systems recommends that you do not come to the hospital to get copies of your medical records. The best option to get your medical records is to create an account with Chartfast.com, our release of information service, using the above link.
- 3/19/20: Media Release: Drive Through Screening Site
- 3/18/20: First Resident of Anniston with Coronavirus Reported
- Dr. Magadia’s Coronavirus Blog– Here you’ll find a blog updated weekly by our very own infectious disease specialist.
- Podcast feat. Dr. Magadia and RMC CEO Louis Bass– Phillip Tutor of The Anniston Star interviews Regional Medical Center CEO Louis Bass and Dr. Raul Magadia about the global pandemic of COVID-19.
- View Live GIS Map Data on Coronavirus from Johns Hopkins– Visit the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center where experts help to advance understanding of the virus, inform the public, and brief policymakers in order to guide a response, improve care, and save lives.
- CDC Informational Resources & What To Do If You’re Sick– View information regarding list of symptoms and what you can do to keep our community safe.
- World Health Org: Rolling Updates- Events as They Happen– View an online repository of relevant news articles as they occur.