Effective April 22, 2022 we have updated both hospitals’ Visitation Policy: RMC medical inpatients who are negative for COVID-19 will be allowed one visitor per day during their stay, including ONE overnight visitor. Read the full policy for details here.
Volunteers are important participants in RMC’s patient- and family-centered care initiative. You will have the opportunity to help patients and families feel supported through their stay or visit.
As a contributor to the patient- and family-centered care environment, volunteers at RMC will be involved in a variety of these vital activities:
- Manage and operate the Hospital Gift Shop
- Provide support to patients, patient families, and patient visitors
- Assist hospital security with the shuttle service
- Provide non-medical comfort to patients
- Host fundraisers to produce revenue for extra special equipment, services and comforts
- Provide administrative support in administrative offices
- Run errands for patient care units
- Answer patient information calls
- Socialize with family and visitors while hosting the waiting areas and serving up a cup of fresh brewed coffee and a smile
- Facilitate family and visitor contact with staff, such as spiritual care providers, social workers, physicians, specific nurses, etc.
- Escort non-critical patients to appointments
- Direct patients’ families and friends to hospital units, clinics or other destinations
- Distribute newspapers, floral, books, magazines and activities to patient rooms and waiting areas
The care and dedication of our more than 120 volunteers has a great impact on our diverse group of patients, families and staff. As a volunteer, you are a valued member of our team.
As a volunteer at RMC you will:
- Gain experience in a hospital setting, working side by side with leading health-care professionals
- Observe patient care in a high-volume medical center
- Gain satisfaction from helping others
- Build meaningful relationships
- Give back to the community