that come with aging. And more often than not, they also must cope with medical conditions associated with the aging process.
RMC of Anniston offers this area’s only Senior Care Unit dedicated to patients who are experiencing age-related mental conditions. Our 15-bed unit is solely for older individuals. Our team of experts is available 24 hours a day/seven days a week to assist patients and their families. Our Senior Care Unit staff take great pride in the personal care and attention they give to patients and their families.
Patient behaviors that may be considered by a physician for a referral to the Senior Care Unit include:
• Confusion, moodiness, verbal outbursts
• Wandering or pacing without safety awareness
• Combativeness or resistance to care
• Agitation, restlessness
• Depression or suicidal thoughts
• Visual or auditory hallucinations
• Paranoia and/or delusions
• Anxiety with severe behavioral or psychological symptoms
• Repetitive questions
Referrals may be directed 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
Phone numbers is (256) 741-6485. Director Vicky Platt can be reached at (256) 235-5082. Social worker Judy Mathews can be reached at (256) 235-5625.