RMC’s Behavioral Health Services is this area’s only provider of comprehensive mental and behavioral health services. Most of our services are provided on an outpatient basis, including counseling, medication therapy and support groups for caregivers of Alzheimer's patients. Our 15-bed Senior Care Unit is dedicated for patients experiencing age-related mental conditions. Our team of health care professionals includes psychiatrists, RNs, social workers, therapists, occupational therapists and psychiatric technicians. And we are available 24 hours a day/seven days a week to help patients and their families.
RMC Behavioral Health is designed to meet individual behavioral
health needs. Services include:
• Outpatient Therapy – Individual, family and marital counseling
• Partial Hospitalization – Outpatient therapeutic day program
• Medication Therapy – Psychiatric assessment to determine the bene fits of medication
• Medication Therapy – A psychiatric assessment is made by the center’s psychiatrist to determine if the patient might benefit from medication.
• Group Therapy – Regular counseling groups are held on topics such as post traumatic stress disorder, anger management and stress management.
• Partial Hospitalization – A therapeutic six-hour weekday program that implements an individual’s treatment program through a variety of services that includes individual counseling, educational groups or family therapy.
• Inpatient Psychiatric Program – 24-hour care is provided for patients in the dedicated 20-bed unit of the hospital.
• Alzheimer’s Support Group – A free weekly support group for caregivers is offered to provide information about resources that can help families deal with this devastating condition more effectively; tips for caregivers to prevent caregiver stress;behavioral management of the alzheimer’s patient. The group meets Tuesdays at 6 p.m. on the 3rd floor, RMC Physician’s Center, 901 Leighton Ave, Ste 301, Anniston, AL.
For more information Call (256) 235-5578.